Saturday, August 2, 2014

Darkness of the Blind

(*Sniff* If you don't like sad songs, just skip this one. I have no idea what made me write it. Also, it's another old one, so it's not as well written as some of my other songs, IMHO.)

REFRAIN:
Funny thing is, I've got no memory of that,
And you keep bringing it back;
Images keep flashing in my mind,
Of things that you claim I left behind.
And I wish that it was true,
'Cause I think I'm in love with you,
But when I search all that I find
Is the darkness of the blind.

I woke up in a hospital bed,
And on my lap, there lay your head.
In your eyes I spotted tears;
Enough to last a thousand years.
My finger wore a golden band,
And I noticed another on your hand.
REFRAIN

They talk to me like a little kid;
Their eyes speak of things their words keep hid.
They tell me that I was in the car,
When a drunkard drove a little too far.
They give me drugs to kill the pain,
But I still feel the pain of this fog in my brain.
REFRAIN

You show me pictures of our stranger child;
Your eyes are those of a man gone wild.
I say I'm sorry I can't help you,
But I don't remember if what you say is true.*
You look so sad as you walk away...
All because of someone who shouldn't have driven that day.
REFRAIN


* But I can't remember what you want me to?

No comments:

Post a Comment