Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A Better Way


There's got to be a better way,
Wrought with less pain and mistakes;
A way to know if love is really real.
How do other people know,
Without leaving some heart in the cold,
Without having their own heart broken in two?
I wish that I had known like them;
I wish that I had known before I said
I loved you.
*Now everything is turned around,
Upside right is upside down,
And sanity is crazy like,
Sanity is crazy like,
Sanity is crazy like it
Wasn't crazy before.*
There's got to be a better way,
One that saves our hearts from pain,
A way to know what love really is.
How did our parents know,
Without getting broken so;
Without breaking some poor child's heart?
I wish that I had known like them;
I wish that I had known, my friend,
Before I made us just to break us apart.
How do you know?
How do you know?
There's got to be a way to know
Love
Without breaking someone's heart.
*   * Can't decide if I want to keep this part... it's weird. :P :/


1 comment:

  1. I say definitely do "someone" instead of "your own"...
    As far as the other section goes, you could take it out and put it in Song Minis for use in another song. I really like it--the way it plays on words and such--but if you don't like it here, you should use it for something else.

    My two cents. :)

    ReplyDelete