Friday, August 19, 2011

Spoof-Free-A-Thon 10: I See It In Your Eyes

There was a friend I once knew,
The kindest person you ever knew,
But somehow I wondered if it was true,
When she told me how she felt.
She'd smile with a tear in her eye,
She'd be crying and tell me she was just fine,
It didn't take long to find out it was heartbreak.
REFRAIN:
I see it in your eyes,
I hear it in your voice,
You won't tell me a thing,
So I'll give you a choice:
What do you want from me?
I'd give you anything,
But all I have to give is my heart,
You can have it-free of cost,
You can rip it apart,
But if you notice, You don't care,
Hello, head, what's going on in there?

If I knew the fella' I'd sock him one,
I know for a fact: Heartbreak ain't fun,
But it'd kill her to know I did; poor hon,
So I don't know what I'm to do.
I talk to her and she doesn't hear,
I wonder what she's thinking up there,
One day she'll just disappear- I'm scared.
REFRAIN

She won't change her story: "I'm okay!"
But I think she'll commit suicide someday,
That guy is with some city girl who isn't worth a thing.
I told her he's not worth her anyway,
She only asks me to go away,
But I know she really needs someone to stay,
I hope that lady leaves him.
REFRAIN

She told him that she didn't care,
But when it comes to hearts you don't get a spare,
I'm tellin' you it isn't fair,
And all the folks blame her.
If I get put in the slammer some day,
It'll be for not letting him walk away,
'Cause as soon as I can I'm gonna beat him.
REFRAIN
<In my opinion: The only part of this song that is really any good is the refrain, and I only wrote it last night! The refrain doesn't exactly fit with the rest of the song, either, does it?>

No comments:

Post a Comment