Thursday, August 18, 2011

I'm a Funky Girl

I'm such a funky girl,
In such a serious world,
You can tell me what to do,
It's all cool,
I'll just do my own thing ,
You can dance but I will sing,
You can smell the roses,
But I'll take my pretty pansies,

REFRAIN:
So sing with me now:
I'm a funky girl in such a serious world,
So far it isn't working but I'll give it a whirl,
All the diamonds in the world couldn't tame me,
All the people in the world couldn't change me,
I just want o live one day free,
Free of people who don't want me to be me,
But if it can't be that way,
I guess it can't be that way,
And I'll stay and try again, again another day.

I sat down awhile and you pulled me to my feet,
I wanted to rest,
I was feeling beat,
You told me I could do it so I gave it a try,
Now I'm not a foot taller,
But I reach for the sky,
REFRAIN

There's a letter on my dresser about ten days old,
I never opened it but the stories been told,
It's the saddest little thing that you ever heard,
But I won't let it bother me,
Never fear,
'Cause I'm a funky girl.
REFRAIN

I sit on the porch and I let it swing,
My mouth looks silent but in my heart I sing,
I had my doubts,
But I can do anything,
I can mess up now and I won't care,
I'll have fun while I do it: Yeah, fair is fair.
REFRAIN

<This one isn't a spoof, but it's fun. More might follow. :)>

No comments:

Post a Comment