Friday, August 26, 2011

Eyes Do


REFRAIN:
Maybe I do,
Maybe I don't,
I could tell you,
But maybe I won't,
See, mouths don't always say what's true,
But Eyes Do.

I'm just sitting here pretending that everything's okay,
I don't really mind be lonely for one more day,
If you asked me than I'd tell you that I'm feeling fine,
But I'd appreciate your asking, even just to pass the time.
REFRAIN

If you'd ask me if I'd dance with you I'd say I wouldn't dare,
Still, I'd appreciate your asking, so I'd know someone still cares,
It gives me such a headache to see the people stare,
It makes me want to close my eyes and hide behind my hair.
REFRAIN

I'd sure like someone to talk to,
I wouldn't mind if it was you.
If not, I'll jsut be happy,
Talkin' to no one but me.
REFRAIN

I'd tell myself it isn't long before we say goodbye,
And I would tell myself that I'm not going to cry,
But insid I am still fighting to make myself stand tall,
Instead of always backing up against a wall.
REFRAIN

You know when I get home I will go into my room,
And have myself a lovely dance with the kind old broom,
That is the very first time I'll be happy all nigh long,
Singing to my heart's content an Eeyore kind of song.
REFRAIN

So don't serve me any wedding cake with flowers on the top,
Just turn on some waltzing music and bring out my friend the mops,
Don't try to make me wear a dress and lot's of pretty things,
I'll be content to trounce around in slippers and blue jeans.
REFRAIN

No comments:

Post a Comment