Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Your Child

Brown hair,
Green eyes,
The spittin' image of you.
And you, oh you, conceived me,
And you, oh you, taught me.
People don't understand,
They think that I'm too wild,
But I'm still your child.

Confessed,
Depressed,
The same things that you went through.
And you, oh you, found me,
And you, oh you, forgave me,
Even though I sin again, again, again,
I guess I'm just that wild,
But I'm still your child.

Refused,
Confused,
A failure just like you,
And you, oh you, give hope to me,
And you, oh you, inspire me.
Even when I feel lost out in the wild,
I know I'm still your child.

Crying,
Denying,
As you say that you're dying.
And I, oh I, don't believe you,
'Cause I, oh I, still need you,
And I, thought I'd run away,
But I'm not that wild,
And I'm still your child.

Blood-red flowers,
Long, anxious hours,
I stand up as the new head,
And I, oh I, will miss you,
And I, oh I, don't know what to do,
'Cause I may be wild,
But I will always be,
Your docile baby child.


No comments:

Post a Comment