Wednesday, October 28, 2015

I Said That I'd Be There For You...

I said that I'd be there for you,
But I can't keep you safe;
If I want to protect you,
Then I must go away.
I hurt people;
I hurt them,
Even when I care.
And the only times they need me
Are the times when I'm not there.
I can't say goodbye,
Because you'll never let me leave,
And the pain reflecting in your eyes
Will make my soul break and bleed.
I promised I would be there,
Like you've been there for me,
But you're better off without me;
At least, that's how it seems.
I'm nothing but a shadow;
A little patch of dark.
An icy patch,
A slippery patch,
A cold and dangerous mark.
My good is insignificant,
But my harm cuts sharp and deep,
And just knowing I could hurt you
Is making me lose sleep.
I said that I'd be there for you;
I'm so sorry I can't be.
But I have to leave while I still can
Leave you happy memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment