Wednesday, October 28, 2015

How You Can Show Me That You Care



I think one of my biggest problems is I read to much into things. It's one of the reasons I'm so sensitive about being touched, I suppose. I've had trouble trying to explain my feelings on the subject to my friends, and it's lead most of them to think I just don't like being hugged or like dancing. I guess mostly I'm just not comfortable with how lightly they take those things, or how they don't seem to think they mean anything. I've always kind of felt like there's a reason behind everything we do, especially when it comes to how we deal with our fellow human beings -- both verbally and physically; you don't just hug or dance for no reason. I tend to wait for the right person to dance with or the right circumstance for hugging, which sometimes makes people think I'm cold and uncaring or don't like them or something. Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way. Anyway, here's this thing I wrote. XP

Don't touch me unless you know me;
Really know me, inside out,
And know what you're touch is saying --
Really saying, with no doubt.
It's not the hugs or hand shakes
Or the dancing I don't like;
It's the emptiness of meaning;
The blankness in the eyes.
It's the never ever knowing;
The not being understood.
Your touch is saying something,
So make it something good.
Don't stand too close to me;
Just give me room to breathe.
If I run off give me a moment,
Before coming after me.
I might be a little lonely;
I might need someone there,
But not at every passing moment.
That's how you can show me that you care.

No comments:

Post a Comment