Sunday, February 24, 2013

Hidden Meanings Fairy Tale

Tell me the story of forgotten kings,
Who broke their legs so they could grow wings.
The maidens fair looked to their arms,
While promising they'd do no harm.
A monster creeped into the light,
Created by the Star, the Knight.
The cow jumped into the sky, it's true,
But never reached the bobbing moon.
The one who had such baffling luck,
Was Guinevere's friend, the Laughing Duck,
But Merlin saw what was to be,
And he told Arthur, who then told me.
 The problem was, I had no way,
To change the facts, so I had to stay.
The kings flew past my window tonight,
And gave the suckling pig a fright;
But I knew that it was but a dream,
Or said I did, for so it would seem.
But my friends who don't live far away,
Said it occurred during the dark of day.
I thought that this seemed rather strange,
If it was not all prearranged,
But I chose to believe my friends,
And so the fairy tale ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment