Sunday, August 27, 2017

Your Call

I meant to be a good friend,
But here we are
Staring down a hole
That used to be my heart.
I'm more at home
In the dark, all alone
Than on the phone
With you, or with anyone.
I tried;
I thought I tried,
But I'm no good
At hellos or goodbyes
And you didn't hear me
When you needed to.
You can't answer questions
That I don't ask;
So here I am,
Looking over letters;
Just like sand
You're slipping through my fingers,
And I can't get back
What I've let blow away.
I guess
Thinking I was doing my very best
Wasn't quite enough;
I didn't hold on tight
Like I should have.
And now it's goodbye
Even if we never say the words.
I guess I lost something
I thought that I was holding;
I guess I fell asleep
When I should have been driving.
I didn't know I was falling
Til I hit the ground;
Don't you think that
I would have turned around?
In the end, it's your call;
Give up on me,
If it's what you want,
But please don't think

I don't care at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment