Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Remember Me Fondly

Someone I'll never be;
Something I'll never see.
Someone I'll never hold;
Something I'll never let go of.
Somewhere I'll never go;
Something I'll never show.
Something I'll never say;
Someplace I cannot stay.
Somethings just had to change;
Our lives we rearranged.
For a time we were close,
Time passed and we had to go.
I will remember you;
Do you recall me to?
Was it all worth the pain?
Would you do it again?
Or am I a regret
You wish you'd never met?
If we had not parted ways
So early on
What else would have changed?
Would we have ever gone?
I'll hold it in my heart,
That time you shared with me.
That time is over now,
But I treasure the memory.
Something we'll never have;
Something that didn't last.
I know all that is past,
But remember me fondly.
I had to say goodbye;
I hope that you know why.
And though it wasn't fair,
Please know I'll always care.
Could you find it in your heart,
To forgive me for my part?
If you remember me,
Please remember me fondly.
Not as I never was;
Not as I'll never be.
The girl who was fond of you;
Remember her fondly.

No comments:

Post a Comment