Friday, February 3, 2017

When I'm Feeling Well...

Climbing up,
Falling down,
Feeling lonely
In a crowd.
Awake at night,
Tired all day,
Talk too much,
Nothing to say.
Don't look left,
Don't look right,
Don't let strangers
Catch my eye.
Ugly truths,
Pretty lies,
Empty hellos,
Hard goodbyes.
Cups of coffe,
Sticky chair,
Blank expression,
Like I don't care.
Don't ask me,
I'll never tell,
That's when I
Am feeling well.
Can I do it?
If I must.
I don't dare
Put up a fuss.
God,
Lord Jesus,
Jesus Christ,
I swear that I
Believe in you,
But I don't know
If that's true.
What the Hell
Does "peace" mean?
Peace?
Is that
A real thing?
I don't know;
I give up.
Should I say uncle,
Or enough?
To get to
Heaven,
To get to You,
You told me
I needed fruit.
I don't have
A single thing
That you haven't given me.
Do you want
My weary soul?
My heavy eyes,
My aching bones?
My darkened thoughts,
My bleeding heart?
Please take them.
Here they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment