Friday, February 3, 2017

Something

If you saw this post before, you may notice that it has been edited slightly. I apologize. This is one I originally posted on my facebook page, and when I copy and pasted it, I accidentally left off several lines. It's better now.



At the back of my mind, something's sitting,
Scratching, tickling, poking, itching;
I walk in, and out again,
Trying to find out what it is.
Something's stirring; something's wrong.
Something won't leave me alone.
Something thinks the night is day;
Some dark thought won't go away.
Something stirs within the cave;
Something howls, something raves.
Something's jumping up and down,
Spinning, chasing, running round.
It won't sit still for me to see;
Something won't just let me be.
Something laughs; something grins;
Something attacks from within.
How can I lose my enemy,
If it lives inside of me?
It slithers, crawls, creeps, and climbs;
It stares at me with bloodshot eyes.
Something, something is amiss,
But I don't know just what it is.
If I don't look, will it leave,
Or will it only scream at me?
I'd write it down; I'd let it go,
But what it is, I just don't know.
Why does it hiss and spit at me?
Something makes poor company.
On my heart, something's weighing;
Something's bleating, something's braying.
Something's keeping me from peace;
Something won't grant me release.
Something's tearing me apart;
Something, show me what you are.
If I can't get this off my chest,
Then I will never feel at rest.
Lord, all I want, and all I need,
Is for you to finally grant me peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment