Tuesday, February 28, 2017

I Wish I Was The One

I guess that answers the question;
I ought to be relieved.
Instead I feel as though
There's a giant hole in me.
How do I move on?
Now what do I say?
I don't want to leave,
But I have to go away.
I swear I'm happy for you;
I'm just crying for me.
I told myself we were just friends,
But that's not what I wanted to be.
I should have said something
A long, long time ago,
But would it have made a difference
If I'd let you know?
You love someone else,
And I hope that it goes well...
Even though right now,
I'm not taking it too well.
I want to keep on talking;
I don't want to say goodbye.
But I'll always wonder what if,
And I don't think that's right.
I shouldn't be surprised;
I knew this day would come.
Why am I in shock?
I wish I was the one.


No comments:

Post a Comment