Thursday, August 13, 2015

I Have Something To Say

Ugh. No matter what I do to this I'm never going to be content with the second half. This will just have to do. X(

I have something to say,
But I don't know how.
I'm just glad you're with me now.
I don't like to touch,
But I take your hand;
We're not in love,
But I'll dance with my friend.
It's been too long since I saw you;
Have you noticed the changes that I've been through?
It makes me nervous,
And I tug at my hair;
Do you care that I care if you care?
Do you like the new me?
I'm not sure if I do,
But I'm finding a love
For myself in you.
I have something to say,
And I know that you'll listen,
But will you hear
The words that are missing?
I trust you like I trust the sun to set,
But I haven't decided if I trust me yet.
So walk with me where we can be alone,
And remind me I, too,
Have a beautiful soul.
I avoid you sometimes,
But that's a living hell,
And I'm so tired of running away.
So let me lean on your shoulder
And close my eyes
And pretend that you'll always stay.
But when you finally have to go,
Give me one last hug goodbye;
I can love you still while you're far away,
And remember that you're on my side.




No comments:

Post a Comment