Friday, October 17, 2014

The Staircase

( Just posted this elsewhere, but it hasn't posted it yet because it has to be reviewed first. Anyway, here it is on SAB. You guys get to see everything, whether it's posted elsewhere or not. Hope you like it! ;) )

I'm standing on an invisible staircase,
A wiggly-wobbly staircase.
I try to stand still,
But to stay on my feet I must move.
Sometimes I climb up the staircase;
Sometimes I fall down the staircase;
Sometimes I'm pushed down the staircase.
I meet friends and family and foe here;
I play, work, and learn here.
Sometimes I think that it's blue;
As blue as ocean, sky and tears.
Sometimes I think it's red;
Angry and passionate; uncontrollably fierce.
Sometimes I think that it's yellow;
Like the sun, bubbling over with happiness.
Sometimes I think it's white, and calm,
And sometimes black as death.
I feel on this staircase;
I feel everything.
I feel for me; I feel for you.
I feel confused about what I should do.
I cry here; I lie here;
I pray and testify here.
I eat here; I sleep here;
My friends and I meet and greet here.
Do you feel like you're on a staircase?
I'm on an imaginary staircase.

No comments:

Post a Comment