Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Entwined

You saved the goodbye for last;
I guess I knew we'd never last,
Even though you said that we would,
I kinda knew we never could.
You tore our hands apart,
Like shredding a piece of art.
We used to be connected at the hip;
You used to touch me with your lips.
We were beautiful, baby,
We were beautifully good.
We were entwined.

You saved your goodbyes for last;
I guess I knew you wouldn't* make it fast,
Even though you said you would,
I kinda knew you never could.
You tore your hand from** mine;
You pushed me off of the high wire.
We used to never be apart,
But them you went and broke my heart.
We used to be beautiful;
We were beautifully entwined.
We were beautifully entwined.
We were beautifully entwined.
We were entwined, baby,
We were entwined,
Entwined,
Entwined.

You saved the goodbye for last;
I guess I knew you never really loved me
Like that.
Even thought you said you'd never leave,
You are; you're taking your love away from me.
You tore your hand away
When I begged you to stay.
You used to be here;
You were mine.
I guess I wasted so much time.***
We used to be joined at the hip;
We used to touch, lip to lip.
We were beautiful, baby.
We were so beautiful, baby.
We were entwined.
Our hands;
They were entwined.
Entwined.
Entwined.


*you'd never?
**out of?
***You wasted so much of my time?

No comments:

Post a Comment