Tuesday, October 28, 2014

I Wanna Make You Smile

You were running with your dreams in your hands,
You fell down and they scattered;
Now you can't find them.
You lost everything you had
But the mem'ries, which have all gone bad.
All your well thought plans have crumbled;
You were flying high, and now you're humbled.
I wish I could make you smile;
You haven't done that in awhile.
Come on, get back on your feet;
You're gonna be okay, just listen to me.
REFRAIN
Come on, it's gonna be okay;
Welcome, welcome to today, today.
I wanna make you,
Make you smile.
Get up, you're gonna be alright;
Be glad, be glad that you're alive.
I wanna make you,
Make you smile.
I'm gonna make you,
Make you smile
Today, today, today, aaah.
Welcome to today, today, today, aaah, aaah.

You were flying high when your airplane crashed;
You left a scar in the ground
That's still tracing your path.
You were the only one on board;
They all left you, broken, scarred, and torn.
You were sailing smooth when your ship went down;
They took the life vests; no one* to be found.
They left you all alone,**
Clinging to your*** phone.****
I wanna make you, 
Make you smile;
I'm gonna make you,
Make you smile.
REFRAIN



*Not one?
**So I guess that/looks like you drowned?
***the?
****home?

No comments:

Post a Comment