Saturday, September 27, 2014

Throw Your Stones

( I don't own this picture. If it's yours and you would like it removed, please let me know, and I'll remove it. Thanks! )

I did it for you,
So don't call me names;
I'm not asking for notice,
Praise, thanks, or fame.
Just don't yell at me,
Question, complain, and criticize.
You would see how deep it cuts,
If you would look me in the eyes.
I don't want to play your games;
I'm about to give up.
I didn't want to lose you,
But I have heard enough.
I'm warning you, 
Before I go;
If you want me to stay,
Think before you throw your stones.

I thought I loved you,
But do you love me?
I'm not asking you for much;
No sympathy.
Just don't knock me down;
Have you nothing else you can do?
You used to be my hero;
Did you know I looked up to you?
But it's not okay to say
All the things that you do;
I will not let myself die
So I can cling to you.
Don't say sorry;
I wouldn't go
If you'd only think
Before you start throwing stones.

Oh, if you love me
Then why would you say
All of those things
To cause me pain?
If you want me to stay,
Then why would you do
All of those things
I'd never do to you?*
I don't wanna leave;
I don't wanna go,
But if I'm gonna stay,
Then I need to know
That you'll think before
You start throwing stones
At me.

*That friends don't do? Lovers don't do? Kind people don't do? Good people don't do?

No comments:

Post a Comment