Sunday, April 6, 2014

Excuse Me

( I'm thinking of removing the last verse... It just isn't what I had in mind...)

Excuse me,
Excuse me
If I'm not ready to give up.

'Cause we don't have to be
In love to be friends;
I don't know what this
Crazy world's thinkin'.
But I don't need to know
What they think of me;
I just need to know
If you agree.
'Cause I
Think we have somethin'
Worth saving.

Excuse me,
Excuse me
If I don't think we should say goodbye.
Let's hang on for the memories,
Honey.

'Cause we might know by now
That this isn't love,
But just look at all your other friends
And say it's not enough.*
So don't ask me not to be there
For you;
You oughta know by now
I still believe in you.

Excuse me,
Excuse me
If I still like you well enough.

Now what kinda gentle lady
Would I be,
If I gave up our friendship
'Cause you're not in love with me?
It might cut deep
When you make me smile,
But I respect the memories,
So I'll be sticking 'round awhile.


*And you'll see it's still enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment