Sunday, April 6, 2014

Never Left Square One






I'm turning out the lights;
You misunderstood me again.
I don't wanna fight;
Better not to say a thing.
So you keep messaging me,
But you're just wearing me out;
I've tried so hard for so long,
But now I'm starting to doubt.
Every time you smile,
It's followed by a shout;
Every dime we earn
Is more debt in our account,*
And it seems like
We never left square one.

Is this really love
If I'm just avoiding you?
Is it just an act;
Is it just a game to you?
I kinda feel like
Nothing you say is true,
'Cause we don't really make up,
You just make an excuse.
Why is every hug
Followed by the boot?
And why is every laugh
Suspicious to you?
Sometimes I think
We never left square one.

 * I don't really like these lines, but I couldn't think of another rhyme... :P




No comments:

Post a Comment