Saturday, October 5, 2013

Lord of Light

(Guess what? I changed "dies" to "died" because Christ is the One who IS Crucified. I think it's a pretty awesome edit, if I do say so myself. X) 

The Prince of Darkness
Comes disguised as an
Angel of the Light;
I can't tell them apart
Sometimes.
The Prince of Darkness
Comes telling lies
Disguised as good advice;
I can't sort them all out
Sometimes.
I'm just wasting light.
Trying to fight the
Lord of Light;
I'd like to think that
I'm always right.
I have to feel so
Alone sometimes,
Before I remember 
The Lord of Light
Is the one who is
Always right.
It's good to know
He's on my side;
Don't know why
I forget sometimes.
Don't know why He
Even tries;
I should feel so
Humble.
I don't want you to
See me cry,
But I can't hide from
The Lord of Light;
He and His
Omnipotent eye.
Always know when 
I'm in trouble.
Lord, send your
Angel to comfort me;
God who made the 
Heavens and sea,
Before I even
Start to pray,
You hear my words
And You feel my pain.
Christ who dies
Upon the Cross,
When I think I'm
At a loss,
Bring me back 
To the Son,
And show me
What You won.
Bring me back to You,
Holy One;
Let me not forget
What you have done,
That I may sing
To the Crucified One,
The everlasting song
Of Thanksgiving.

2 comments: