Monday, May 13, 2013

Growing Younger


It gets dark sometimes in my world,
And I feel so very old;
People can be so cruel and cold;
No, not everyone is just like you.

REFRAIN:
But I start growing younger,
When you come to comfort me;
And I, and I start growing younger,
When you draw me close with the things you say.
And I start growing younger,
Knowing that somebody loves me;
And I, and I start growing younger,
When I remember better days.

The world can be so strange and large,
When I'm the only one here,
And the clocks sound so much louder,
When no one is near to hear me say:
REFRAIN


But even in a locked bedroom,
A small light shines through the cracks,
And I'd rather you to find it,
Then cowering here, holding myself back.
REFRAIN

So I remember better days,
And I remember better days,
And I start growing younger,
'Cause I remember better days.

No comments:

Post a Comment