Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Such An Angry Young Man:Version Two

Didn't have a clue,
Was it really you,
Calling my name?
Or have I gone insane,
Once again?

Would have stopped the knife,
Could have saved your life,
If I had known.
But time has shown,
Once again:
You were an angry young man,
Such and angry young man.

Wish I'd known before,
Should not have closed the door,
And left you alone;
Should have walked you home.

Small, sharp things you hide,
Secrets kept inside,
Hearts turned to stone.
Once more it's shown:
You were an angry young man,
Such an angry young man.

I guess I couldn't see,
It wasn't really me,
That you needed.
What you needed,
Was love.

Songs for those who died,
Tears I neer cried,
The memories we made;
They came today.
Why'd you have to leave?
Why'd you have to be,
An angry young man,
Such an angry young man?

Cradles that we rocked,
Speeches that we talked,
Clocks that we broke,
Running low on hope.
Guess it makes some sense,
This is how it ends.
I should have known!
Everything's shown:
You were an angry young man,
Such an angry young man.

When things don't go your way,
There's things that you should say,
But you kept them hid.
That's what you did,
You angry young man.
You were an angry young man,
Such an angry young man.

No comments:

Post a Comment