Friday, November 4, 2011

Sacreligious Trash

I'm not sacreligious trash,
But I'm not a Saint,
I'm just a sinner,
And one who wants to learn to forgive,
And to be forgiven,
Before it's too late.
I don't know why everyone,
Thinks something is wrong,
Why they think I need company,
]I just want a quiet place,
Where I can write my songs,
And be alone with me being me.
I never asked for friendship,
Or for fame or help or gold,
I only want to be a child,
Who brings smiled to the old,
And sing my silly songs,
As if I'm never growing up,
And to teach all the other children,
Never, ever to give up.
When things look way too hard,
When you don't think you'll make it though,
Just sing and sing and sing,
And sing away the blues.
When you find that special shooting star,
Your very own dream come true,
Grab hold of it and let no one,
Take your chance away.
Hold on to it,
Close your eyes,
Sing and Dream and Pray,
And let God be the one who ordains for you,
Your path, your road, your way.
I know it's hard for awhile,
There are butterflies in your stomach,
Your fingers turn to butter,
Your brain begins to buzz,
But don't let your heart turn to stone.

< I wrote this after some kid at church called me sacreligious trash. I didn't find it as funny as the other people I told. Nuff said. >

2 comments:

  1. The kid didn't call YOU sacrilegious trash, he said the song you were playing was sacrilegious trash. A: he probably had no idea what he was talking about, B: he probably was just saying it because it was a nice long word, and C: don't take it too hard--he wasn't that old and doesn't know what he's talking about.
    :) But I like the song. Lots.

    ReplyDelete