Friday, November 4, 2011

But When I Saw You

People told me all about yout and I didn't stop to think,
You were just another person and I didn't really care.
I thought I knew just what those people meant,
And that I'd recognize you the minute that you appeared.
Refrain:
But when I saw you,
I didn't just fall in love,
But when I saw you,
I knew there was no other way.
Oh, when I saw you,
It wasn't only love,
Oh, when I saw you,
There was no one else,
Nothing else,
No other way for me.

No one else seemed to notice the room was turning upside down,
But that moment I just knew that your face was starting to glow.
All my friends laughed at my bewilderment,
Only you weren't laughing at me, and I knew you had to know.
Refrain

It seems so long ago that you and I loved one another,
And I guess that it makes sense; childhood fancies come and they go.
And yet, though you seem to have forgotten,
I still find it hard to let that one little memory go.
Refrain.

< Sorry, but I just had to write something making fun of love at first sight. Although, now it doesn't seem to make fun of it so much; it just sounds like another pretty love song.:/
Oh, well, even I have to admit love songs are fun to sing. :)
And this is one of the songs I started trying to put the same number of syllables in each corresponding line per stanza or whatever the phrase is supposed to be. :P :) >

No comments:

Post a Comment