Thursday, November 10, 2016

I'm Waiting (For You)

Your mom teases you;
My mom teases me.
But will we ever really be
More than my friend;
More than yours?
If so, what are we waiting for?
Three small words you'll never say
Could all but take my breath away.
They're all that I could want to hear,
But you can't see me waiting here.
I'm waiting; I'm waiting.
I talk to you;
You talk to me.
But are you ever going to see
That I like you;
Do you like me?
Or is this all we'll ever be?
Three small words are all it takes,
But I don't hear them; my heart breaks.
Oh, how I wish that you were here!
But you can't see me waiting, dear...
I'm waiting; I'm waiting.
If you ever come around,
You know where I can be found.
And if you ever look for me,
I promise that I'll always be
Waiting; I'm waiting for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment