Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Strangers

If you saw me sitting lonely
Would you come around;
Take the swing next to mine
And start to laugh out loud
At all the things that we're not saying,
And all the stupid reasons to just stay strangers?
It would make a good story,
If you'd only try.
Because this small world
Feels so big sometimes;
We always look away
When we meet a stranger's eyes.
And I know it's not always safe out there
But every now and then
I find that I don't really care.
So meet me someplace
Where there's no such thing as strangers.
If you saw me lying in the grass
And we met eyes
Would you walk over,
Or just walk by?
You could ask me to dance;
I'll probably say no,
But I think I'd like that,
If you'd just give it a go.
Because this small world
Feels so big sometimes.
Why do we always look away
When we meet a stranger's eyes?
I know it's not really safe out there,
But every now and then
I find that I don't really care.
Will you meet me someplace
Where you can fall in love with strangers?
Could you take me someplace
Where we're anything but strangers?

No comments:

Post a Comment