Wednesday, February 17, 2016

These Songs

I don't know why I'm writing;
I've nothing new to say,
And I try to make the words beautiful, 
But they don't come out that way.
I read them over and over,
And my friends tell me that they're fine,
But deep inside, I still know
That the words just aren't right.
I haven't written in ages,
And I don't really want to try,
But it's better to put pen to paper
Then to let strangers see me cry.
I don't know what I'm doing;
This feels like a mistake.
You'll get the wrong idea;
But there are worse mistakes to make.
I'm all out of ideas;
Well, ideas that are good,
And maybe I shouldn't share them,
Even if I could.
They're stronger than I thought they were,
These words that I've used,
They're too painful, raw, and real.
To show them all to you.
I want to hide these songs;
I don't want to be them.
I'll keep them in the dark inside,
Where no one else can see them.



No comments:

Post a Comment