Saturday, June 20, 2015

My Beautiful Friend...

...A letter to you,
To let you know how much I care.
It's been too long,
And words stick in my throat,
But I think I can take it from here...
Have you ever seen the willow tree,
And the way it loves the ground?
Have you ever seen the black bird fly,
And the way it loves the sky?
There's a closeness there,
A needing there,
A healthy kind of thing.
A holding up,
A holding on,
And yet, a certain letting go.
So you are too me;
So it is with us.
You are my holding up,
And my holding on,
And you are my letting go.
You are my wings,
My clouds,
My sunshine.
You are my branches,
My roots,
My trunk.
I remember a time that we laughed;
I remember a time that we smiled.
I remember a time we shut the doors
And we cried
And we didn't have to know why.
Have you ever seen an island,
And the way the sea keeps it safe?
Have you ever seen a flower,
And how it feeds the bees?
Have you ever seen the sun set,
With a promise to come back?
My friend, when I see you, just us,
You make me feel like that.
I know that you've had tears,
And I can't truly keep you safe,
But when I see you dance,
What I actually see is Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment