Thursday, December 12, 2013

Still You



I see you in the moonlight,
I see you beneath the stars;
I see you as you once were,
And I see you as you are.
You've been many different "yous"
In the short years that I've known you;
Not one more you than another,
And not a one more true.
You still have the same sweet smile,
And the same twinkle in your eyes,
And though now you smile for different reasons,
You smile beneath the same blue sky.
I see you in the sunlight,
I see you beneath the clouds;
I see you as you used to be,
And as you are right now.
You're as changing as the seasons,
But you're still the same old you;
You've kept your morals and reasons,
If not the things you like to do.
You still have your hesitant laugh,
And the wrinkling of your brow,
And though you've change in many ways
You've always been as much yourself
As you are right now.



No comments:

Post a Comment