Friday, September 6, 2013

Stargazer



Stargazer, where have you gone?
The friends for whom I wrote my songs;
The one I thought I knew?
Stargazer, where have you gone?
Can't lonely only last so long?
Where is the girl I told my secrets to?
Stargazer, where could you be?
I carry your memory with me.
You don't trust me to trust you,
But that's not how it used to be.
Stargazer, come see me now!
Won't you come, and tell me how,
My friend sank into the stranger
That you now seem to be?
Stargazer, I don't know you!
But think of all we used to do;
Is there nothing time won't change?
Stargazer, you chose the stars,
And I chose the magic tune;
Tell me those words bring memories to you.
Stargazer, remember how,
We walked through woods,
Pushing back boughs,
Closer than we seem to be right now?
Stargazer, remember me,
When you think  of how
It used to be.
Stargazer, you were my friend;
You are my friend;
My friend you'll ever be.

No comments:

Post a Comment