Saturday, July 21, 2012

Captive

I'm not so sure I want to be set free,
At least I'm safe while in captivity,
Safe from myself...
I can't make any mistakes if I can't make my own choices,
And the clanging of the chains blocks out all the voices,
In my head...
REFRAIN:
So be careful what you wish for,
It's not always so lovely,
And sometimes it's safer to tell lies,
Than let the truth set you free,
And the monster doesn't know it,
But he protects you from the monster that you could be.

My eyes are accustomed to the dark and dirt,
And my heart couldn't endure as much as my body's hurt,
Nor could my mind...
My cup holds my blood, my plate holds my bones,
At least I'm not dead; I'd die on my own,
Here I'm not alone...
REFRAIN

The serpents are now waking,
They've no conscience against taking,
Anything from me...
I can do without my memory,
So long as they don't set me,
Free today...
REFRAIN

No comments:

Post a Comment