Monday, March 13, 2017

Do You Feel The Same?

If I stay because I love you,
Then who is loving me?
If I stay because I need you,
Why did you never leave?
I've got to hold myself up,
So you can take your heart away.
I knew it was dumb to want you,
But I wanted anyway.
If I tell you that I'm happy,
Are you lying too?
And if I have to see you,
What am I gonna do?
Tell me, was it easy?
Did you feel any pain?
Then suddenly it's my move,
But I don't know what to say.
It's gotten complicated
To get out of this mess;
The ladder is just long enough
To get halfway there, at best.
Would it have been better
If I'd never known your name?
I'm tempted to think so;
Do you feel the same?
My bedroom is too quiet;
My thoughts are all of you.
I'm looking for distraction;
I need something to do.
I think that it's ironic;
You never would approve.
But we're not talking anymore,
So I have nothing left to lose.
I survived before I met you;
I'll survive now that you're gone.
If there are five stages of grieving,
Which stage am I on?
I bounce around the phases;
Acceptance takes too long.
Sometimes I think I've got it,
But I turn out to be wrong.
I'm sorry I'm depressing,
And I let people down,
But I don't resent your happiness;
Please don't hate me for my frown.
Would it have been better
If you'd never known my name?
I've always been afraid of that;
Do you feel the same?


No comments:

Post a Comment