Thursday, March 17, 2016

I'm Not Afraid Of Goodbyes Anymore

Hello.
Yes, I remember you,
But I think it's best you don't come in.
Why yes,
It's been a long, long time,
But I wouldn't call you my old friend.
Oh yes,
I missed you for awhile;
You could have come back long ago,
But you didn't, and I think it's time
That you know;
I'm not afraid of goodbyes anymore.
I've been better off since you told me yours.
Yes, it hurt awhile;
It was hard to see you leave,
But until now,
You've never cared about me.
And now I realize how fake you were all along,
I think I'm better off with you gone,
Gone, gone, gone.
Oooh...
It was good of you to drop by
After such a long, long, long time.
It too ages just for me to cross your mind,
But you can leave now,
Because it's finally crossed mine,
That I'm better off alone;
It's just taken time to let go,
And if you'd let me I would like to forget
All about you and the times we had.
I'm not crying because it's hard to see you go;
I'm just relieved that I can finally let you know
I'm not afraid of goodbyes anymore,
Because I've been stronger
Since you told me yours.
I guess I can thank you
For showing me,
Sometimes the only way to heal
Is to let somebody leave.
No, I'm not afraid of goodbyes anymore;
And I don't plan on giving back yours.
I finally realized how fake you were all along,
And now I think I'm better of with you gone.
Oooh....
Gone.
Gone, gone, gone, gone.
No, no, no, I'm not afraid
Of goodbyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment