Friday, December 11, 2015

Your Hat

Well, this song pretty much sucks. This is what happens when you just want to write a song about someone putting a hat on your head, boys and girls. XP XD

I'm ready to go home,
But it's too soon to leave.*
I can't help but wish
You'd come sit across from me.
I don't know why I'm here;
I never should have come,
But it's not too late to prove
What I just said is wrong.
Come hang your hat on me,
And try to make me laugh;
All the lonely will be worth it,
If you just treat me like that.

The crowd feels thick as honey,
And the noise just seems to grow.
Even my closest friends
Feel like people I don't know.
I know I put myself here,
And I pushed them all away,
But a little voice inside me
Is begging them to stay.
I wished that you'd come over
And put your hat on my head,
Like in some kind of book
That I'm better for having read.

I have to close my eyes,
Just to keep myself sane,
But if you'd talk to me
You could take away this pain.
I'm dreaming of the things
That I would say if I could,
But I can't get out the words
That I know I should.
Put your hat on my head,
And maybe it will work again.
*Remind me what I mean
When I tell you you're my friend.*

*But it's not time to leave?
**Remind me what you mean when you tell me I'm you're friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment