Monday, April 27, 2015

Down By The Water

(A song I wrote for "Goose Feathers.")

Down by the water where the snakes swim,
She promised, she promised,
She promised to meet him.
Down by the water in the dark of night,
The moon shone, the moon shone,
On their secret its light.
Don't think, my darling, and don't run away;
I promise, I promise,
We'll marry one day.”

Down by the water where bare feet tread
Slipping, and sliding, until she lay dead.
Down by the water where they promised to meet,
The moon shone, the moon shone,
On her bitten feet.
Confusion and terror, and telling of lies,
And a whisper, soft whisper,
I'm sorry. Goodnight.”

Down by the water time has gone by;
Daughters forgotten, promises die,
But still people meet, and joy may be found,
In daylight, by sunlight,
With love all around...

No comments:

Post a Comment