Thursday, February 6, 2014

Your Hand

(  So, ALL of the pictures in this post... broke. Or something... :/ :P I guess the people who owned them discovered them here and decided to remove them without saying anything... or something... I'm not exactly sure what happened. It was just showing a bunch of white blocks with crossed out cameras. So, I removed them. If you have any pictures I can use to replace them, I'd love to see them!!! Thank you! :) Also, I love to hear advice about how I should arrange/re-arrange my pics!  And, feel free to send in your own pictures for future posts!)



It's kind that you want to help me,
But I think that I'm past helping now.
I've always wanted to fall in love,
But I don't think that I know how.
You think that I make people happy;
I think they just don't understand.
You think it's a casual gesture;
All I can think is we're touching hands.
REFRAIN
I don't know what I'm going to do;
How do I say what I should say to you?
How do I use words that you'll understand?
I'm not worth your helping hand.


You tell me that I'm alright;
I guess I'm a good liar by now.
You think that you can make me happy;
I think that no one knows how.
You think that I'll find Prince Charming;
I think three strikes and I'm out.
You're trying to build up my confidence,
But all I can feel is doubt.
REFRAIN



You claim that I'm worth it;
I think I'm a waste of your time.
You have an opinion about me;
Aren't I entitled to mine?
You think life's all smiles and rainbows;
I think it's blood and a cross.
You say if I know that much,
It proves I'm not already lost.
REFRAIN




The truth is, I want to believe you,
But I lost it somewhere, somehow;
You think that you want to see me,
But I'm not fit for company right now.
Please don't come any closer
Please don't touch me right now.
If what I have is contagious
You shouldn't want me near me right now.
REFRAIN


You can't stop me from falling;
Not with where I'm going to land.
You can't stop me from losing my way,
So there's no point in holding my hand.
I want to believe what you tell me;
But the world tells me so many things.
I want to believe I'm a hatchling,
And I'm falling, but I'll gain my wings.
REFRAIN




After everything that I've told you,
You've still stuck by my side.
I've been irritable and annoying;
It's been a bumpy ride.
I'm so thankful you're still on my side,
Though I keep telling you to leave.
If my happiness is worth that to you,
It just might be worth something to me.
You've done everything you could;
I don't have to say anything.
I'm starting to think that you do understand;
I'm so glad you were willing
To give me a hand.







1 comment: