Monday, July 1, 2013

I Hope They Know


I don't know how to tell you
Because I know it's going to hurt;
I feel like you gave me love,
And I'm treating you like dirt.
REFRAIN:
I hope they know you're not the one,
Who broke somebody's heart.
I hope they know you're not the one,
Who tore our bond apart.
I hope you know I never planned,
To cause you any pain,
And if there was another way,
I'd chase away the rain.

This doesn't mean that I'll stay,
Because that won't really be a cure.
It hurts more to live a lie,
Than to just walk out the door.
REFRAIN

I know I may seem cruel,
But I hope that you can understand.
It's like a friend once told me,
You're a boy- I need a man.
REFRAIN

Don't think I won't cry tonight,
And please don't think that I've stopped caring.
But this is better for us,
Than love that we weren't sharing.
REFRAIN



No comments:

Post a Comment