Thursday, October 6, 2011

Jesus Died Upon The Tree

Jesus died upon the tree,
There His blood was shed for me,
There my feet are washed free of Sin,
There He clothes me with His pure skin,
There I receive forgiveness,
Not by my own faithfulness!

His death holds my sin to blame,
Jesus loves me just the same,
When I wander Jesus finds me,
Never on the altar binds me,
When I'm parched He lets me go,
Where Life's fountain gently flows!

Jesus brings me Home to feed,
Jesus banishes all need,
Sings my humble praises with me,
To His lap He gently lifts me,
Though I sin He says to me,
" Take my name; It sets you free! "

By His name He has called me,
Puts His righteousness on me,
Though the guest He came appearing,
Now He is the servant serving,
He has washed me in the flood,
Trades my cup of death for Blood!

Jesus is the cornerstone,
Build your faith on Him alone,
When Satan wages war on you,
This firm rock will see you safe through,
Though alone you start to quake,
Nothing can this strong house break!









< This is a 'spoof' on I am Jesus Little Lamb. :) >

No comments:

Post a Comment