Thursday, September 1, 2011

I Wan'na Be Like You Spoof

Now I'm the Queen of the Singers,
Oh, the song-writer VIP,
I've reached the top,
And had to stop,
And that's what's bothering me.
I wan'na be a musician, like you Bach,
And compose right through the town,
And be just like the other writers,
I'm tired of piddling around!
Oh, oobee doo,
I wan'na be like you,
I wan'na play like you,
Sing like you, too,
You'll see it's true,
And amateur like me,
Can learn to be great too.
( Gee, cousin Beethoven,
You're doin' real good,
Now here's your part of the deal, cuz,
Lay the secret on me of Chopin's great talent,
But I don't have his talent!)
Now don't try to kid me, Tchaikovsky,
I made a deal with you,
What I desire is Chopin's great talent,
To make my dream come true,
Give me the secret, Brahm's,
Clue me what to do,
Give me the power,
To sing in the shower,
So I can be like you,
You!
I wan'na be like you,
I wan'na sing like you,
Play like you, too,
You'll see it's true,
Someone like me,
Can learn to be,
Like someone like me,
Can learn to be,
Like someone like you,
Can learn to be,
Like someone like me!

< This is a not-so-good spoof on the I Wan'na Be Like You in the Jungle Book. I plan to try some more spoofs for this song, just because it's more challenging than some of the other things I've tried, and this one didn't turn out as nicely as I wanted. Try it yourself and send me what you get! >


No comments:

Post a Comment