Sunday, April 2, 2017

The Aftermath

I should feel happy;
You're not angry or hurt.
But it makes no difference to you,
And that makes me feel worse.
I thought that we were friends,
But now I think I'm wrong;
Things seem so complicated
Now that you are gone.
What do I think I'm doing,
Going to your place?
You don't want to see me,
And maybe I need space.
I want to ask you if you trust me,
But I'm afraid to know the truth,
And I'm just now realizing,
That I don't really trust you.
In three days I said I'm going;
Who am I going for?
I used to have friends there,
But I don't know them anymore.
I don't know if I can do this,
But it's too late to back out;
I'm asking God, myself, the river,
If there's a third option now.
I hate having a heart;
I hate having a mind.
I'm tired of meeting people
Who just leave me behind.
Was it worth it all?
Would you have done it if you'd known?
Was it all a waste of time?
Why can't I be happy all alone?
I'm trying to sort the pieces
In our friendship's aftermath;
I've got contradicting feelings
And anxiety attacks.
I'd do anything to fix it;
I wish I could go back.
When the wheel starts to spin,
You can't fix something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment