Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Just Imagine You

Hey, there, I know that you aren't real,
But you're my best friend,
I smile at your shadow on the wall,
It's really just a coat tide to the chair with rubber bands,
But I'd dance with you before a thousand handsome men,
And if I could choose,
I'd stop being real, just like you.

You tell me it's okay every night,
In my dreams,
You say not to forget who I am,
Or at least, who I seem...
And I tape your picture on the ceiling beams,
'Cause if I could choose,
I'd stop being real, just like you.

People sometimes say I'm a fool,
That I should go out and meet people,
And forget about you.
They don't seem to understand you haven't hurt me like they have,
And the one thing that keeps me from crying is holding your hand.
So if I could choose,
I'd stop being real, just like you.

NOTE TO SELF AND EVERYBODY ELSE: If I forget to edit this in the next two months, please e-mail me and remind me. I like this idea, but I don't think it's perfect yet. Thanks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment