Sunday, September 23, 2012

Merry Me

< Did I say 'Merry Me' too many times? >

Merry Me,
On mountains in the distance,
And lines of people made of cold gold.
Merry Me,
Take me far from everything I know,
But these tear stained memories of old.
Merry Me,
I used to be,
So sure of everything but,
Now all that I see are water falls,
These days; they seem to like to flow,
Down rock walls made of question marks,
And fear.
Merry Me,
I used to be so sure of myself,
But now nothing is clear.
Merry Me,
Wandering on my own,
And wondering if I really know,
What love is.
Merry Me,
Finally realizing that,
When you're here it feels like,
I'm all alone.
Merry Me,
Sitting in the silence and,
Pretending I hear clocks tick,
Like back home.
Merry Me,
Wishing that I didn't have this ring,
Wishing that I hadn't said a thing.
Merry Me,
I don't want to break your heart,
'Cause I feel like at least one of us,
Should have one.
As for me, I've nothing to hang onto,
I really wish I knew just,
What i think of you.
But these days,
Even a mirror tells me nothing,
Of myself.
Merry Me,
So I'll just be Merry Me,
Unless you can come up with,
Someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment